Paintwork protection-Gold cover - RayAnt
I'm just ordering a new Zafira and have been offered 'Gold Cover 3-Year Interior and Exterior Protection' for an extra 199 pounds by the main dealer. Does anyone think this is money well spent? Are there cheaper alternatives from an independent (non-Vauxhall firm) as good or better, and do they invalidate guarantees? How does such paintwork protection affect one's normal cleaning/polishing? All advice appreciated.
Paintwork protection-Gold cover - Victorbox
It's a way of clawing back some of the massive discount they must have given you off the list price to buy a new car at the moment. If I had £200 to spare I'd rather spend the money on a proper detail from the likes of this guy www.thedetaildoctor.co.uk/ (I have no connection) than let some possibly untrained employee at the dealershio have a go. Even if they get someone in it's likely to be £40 for him for a quick job and rest is profit for dealer.
Paintwork protection-Gold cover - captain chaos
You can buy an awful lot af Autoglym products for £199 RayAnt, which would be far superior than any products the dealer would be using, I reckon. A pleasure to use and you'll be doing a far better job than some young kid earning a packet of KP an hour
Paintwork protection-Gold cover - RayAnt
Thanks for the advice from captain chaos and Victorbox. It is much as I suspected; better to do a decent job myself with Autoglym (that I already have), than risk an expensive botch-job by amateurs. I will certainly save my 199. Over and out.