Intermittent stalling / loss of power - Boff
My 1998 Peugeot 406 Coupe 3.0 V6 has recently developed a intermittant loss of power, it only lasts for about half a second to a second but can happen at any speed and at any revs and is now occurring every few miles on average. When it happens at motorway speed it feels as if I've lifted off the throttle sharply but then picks up again almost straight away and doesn't usually happen again for a while; when it happens at medium speed (say 40 mph) it causes a more severe jolt, as if changing into too low a gear, and can happen several times in a row; when it happens at very low speed or when stationary it often causes a stall.

Today I drove 25 motorway miles without it happening once, then when I slowed to 25-30 mph it happened several times in close succession. When I parked shortly afterwards I left the engine idling for a few seconds to monitor it and witnessed the revs jump up slightly at one point followed by a large fall to almost zero before picking up and idling normally again. Other times it just stalls after about 2-3 seconds at idle.

The car has low mileage (just turning 30,000) and a full service
history. From what I read elsewhere all these symptoms may indicate a problem with the airflow meter, any observations before I take it back to the main dealer where I got it from under warranty?
Intermittent stalling / loss of power - Obsolete
My Micra had similar symptoms. Sometimes for a few seconds it did not respond to the throttle, and then suddenly it would leap forward. (Ok. Crawl forward. It was a Micra after all.) A few weeks later the air flow management system went and it had to be towed to the Nissan garage (who waited 5 days before even lifting the bonnet, fnarr fnarr).
Intermittent stalling / loss of power - Peter D
Does the rev counter fall pretty quickly when you loose power if so then an electrical problem may be, however what you may be describing is a Fuel pump failure. Good Luck