2002 2.0tdci - Fuel injectors - wazmitch
HI All,
I am new to this forum and have found some good reading with solutions and suggestions to rectifying problems....keep up the good work.

I own a 2.0 tdci 130 Mondeo and have found that it is now producing lots of black smoke under acceleration, once i reach 70mph and from there on the car seems to hesitate and "two`s and fro`s" hope you understand what i mean. The car has an intercooler hissing under acceleration and i cannot hear the turbo (because of the cooler noise) is this normal? Is this the same for other TDCI owmers? To add salt to my wounds the car is also chipped so the power i had has been drasticlly reduced

My father has the X-TYPE 2.0D Sport (which has also been chipped) which has the same engine as my Mondeo (or so i am lead to believe) i used his car over christmas and ran it up the same steep hill and found his pulls like mine did 50mph and accelerating like my TDCI did...can now only reach 40mph and feel i should change down.

Please Help! it used to be fun to drive!

thanks
waz

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 13/01/2009 at 17:22

2002 2.0 Fuel injectors - spikeyhead {p}
If its hissing then I'd guess at a split hose.

Mine split the hose that goes onto the inlet manifold.

If you take off the plastic engine cover (take out dipstick and just pull) then look to see if the underside of the cover is covered in soot, if it is, its a split hose.
2002 2.0 Fuel injectors - wazmitch
Hi Spikeyhead,
Thanks for your help and will look at that to make sure.....when i mean "hissing" i may have described the sound incorrect, it sounds like an intercooler deep growling and not the usual whoosh of the turbo? But i have found the small pipe from the back of the air filter housing was off and hanging loose....will find out if it works when i go to work...not holdng my breath!
I am open to more suggestions and will tick off as i try

thanks

waz
2002 2.0 Fuel injectors - wazmitch
Hi Spikeyhead
You were right.....the rubber 90 degree hose was burst, though not tried car yet. Even if it does not cure problem it cannot of helped.

thanks mate

waz
2002 2.0tdci - Fuel injectors - wazmitch
CURED.....Back to pulling with all 160 horses! Thanks Spikeyhead