Am I getting a good deal? - backtodiesel
Getting rid of my now rickety Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 2001 Y plate 89000miles, Ford Dealer offering me a Ford Fusion 2005 1.4 TDCi 05 plate for £4000 cash plus my old Focus as a trade in. He started with a £6000 ticket for the fusion.

The fusion is a lovely and clean model with lots of added extras including a overhead DVD system for the backseats, 12 months ford protect warranty and only £35 road tax!!! It appears on paper (well through Parkers) to be a great deal... is it?
Am I getting a good deal? - Altea Ego
If you like and want the fusion, and you think 4k is a good price to change then yes its good for you.

Just bear in mind at the next trade in those lovely added extras and overhead cd system are worthless, and may also go expensively wrong in your ownership
Am I getting a good deal? - Happy Blue!
"Just bear in mind at the next trade in those lovely added extras and overhead cd system are worthless, and may also go expensively wrong in your ownership"

Agreed about the effect on value of the extras, but no particular reason why they should be so unreliable.
Am I getting a good deal? - daveyK_UK
not a good deal to e honest but takes away the hassle of getting rid of your own motor.
Am I getting a good deal? - Rattle
Sounds ok to me, I've seen far worse deals.
Am I getting a good deal? - b308
There are sevaral Fusion Diesels 2005/55 on Autotrader for less than £5k, so his start price seems high... and DVDs are quite cheap these days...

Personally I feel that the Fusion is an absolutely awful design of car, the press's renaming it as "Con-Fusion" says it all.

If you are not yet commited try looking at the Meriva, Fabia Estate and several other mini MPVs all of which do it better and also have the £35 tax.
Am I getting a good deal? - carl_a
Fusions are well over priced looking at RRP, talking to someone on Friday (Ford connected company) he has the option to buy is lease car for £7100. Its
£7100 for a Zetec Climate Fusion 1.6 Diesel @ 4 months old with 6k on the clock.

If you can get one cheap then they are a fine car (bar the lack of a clutch rest) but there are better options out there.