Any Model - Turbo Tip (Must Read) - Gavinh1
After problems with my renault grand espace iv turbo, I was told this tip from a renault expert. If you ever encounter problems with your turbo you may have to deal with your engine reving all by itself. This could mean that oil is entering the turbo and making the car rev up by itself.
You must stall the engine by putting it in 2nd gear pushing down hard on the break and lifting the clutch ( Please note this advise is for a vehicle in a stationary position ) if you are moving I would pull over as soon as safely possible and then do as I previously mentioned. You probably may know this or would do it anyway but in a moment of panic you may not think of it.
If this message helps someone it was worth it, as a new engine could cost you £8000!!
There is a story of a person starting his car and it reved right up to the limiter without the driver doing anything, and even turning the key off the car still carried on & ultimately cooked itself up.

Please I am no car expert so if anyone can add anything else that could help people please post. thanks

{Shouting in header removed!}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 07/01/2009 at 21:30

any any RENAULT- ANY MODEL- TURBO TIP (MUST READ - steve_earwig
If it's running on its own oil the rev limiter might not have any say in the matter - on Landrover TD4s the advice is to not dip the clutch, stall it in the gear it's already in. Apparently the con rods on TD4s let go at about 11,000rpm. Eek.