So thats where all the screenwash is going..... - Chrome
My Rio's rear washer supply pipe has presumably split, I think this runs (no pun intended) behind the interior door sill trim as the driver's side carpet is now nice and squishy. The car is under 2 years old, looking through the warranty booklet this may be an 'act of god' or not as it is written in legalise.

Anyone here think that warranty might cover this? I think I the screenwash was dilluted at 1 to 4 so possibly on the weak side for the cold temps of the last 2 days (last topped up just before chrimbo) and my car lives outside.

I've not spoken to the supplying Kia agent yet.
So thats where all the screenwash is going..... - Stuartli
My best mate had a similar problem with his 2004 Ford Mondeo hatchback - as he was just about to replace it with the new Mondeo he didn't have time to do anything about it, other than inform the dealership's salesman.
So thats where all the screenwash is going..... - jc2
The only way to find out if it is covered is to ask-your dealer not us.
There may be people on here with simliar experiences. This is a forum so why should'nt I ask here? I do plan to speak to the dealer.

So thats where all the screenwash is going..... - Anglesey Ian
JC2
That response was a bit abrupt and unecessary there JC2
So thats where all the screenwash is going..... - Waino
I'd have thought the dealer would sort this out for you under the warranty. It shouldn't take long to fix.

A similar thing used to happen in Mk 1 Mondeo estates when a junction in the pipework loosened above the rear seats. The kids thought it was a hoot to get a shower every time the rear washer was operated!

A perfectly OK question to ask on here IMHO.
So thats where all the screenwash is going..... - jag
used to be common on the tailgates of vw's . jag
So thats where all the screenwash is going..... - Another John H
If the mixture is too thin, and it's frozen solid as the car is parked outside, what are the odds of popping a non-return valve, or other joint in the pipework?

Might be operator error, rather than manufacturing fault.
So thats where all the screenwash is going..... - Stuartli
I think the problem in the case of the Mondeo I mentioned earlier may have been constant flexing of the tube when opening and closing the hatchback.
So thats where all the screenwash is going..... - Pugugly
Skodas do that - mine popped off when it froze last year. Fixed for nothing by non-supplying dealers who knew what it was without even looking. Good service from them.

Hasn't happened this year due to a "headier" mix of screenwash.

Edited by Pugugly on 07/01/2009 at 19:15

I Rang the garage this morning and spoke to the service manager and asked if he minded (due to difficulty in me finding time to fit in a dealer visit) if I tackled the job even though car is still in warranty. He was quite Ok about this and told me how to remove the sill trim panel fasteners, also he mentioned that this happens frequently on Skodas as mentioned by a previous poster. Went out to car after lunch and popped off the trim bits and found the loose hose, re-connected and all Ok again, 10 minute job. I'm happy! Thanks for all the advice here.