04 2.0 - frozen brakes? - trier
In freezing conditions this morning the handbrake light stayed on and the abs light also.
Could the brake fluid ( which absorbs water over time) have caused the abs light? I can imagine that the handbrake could be part frozen but would this cause abs problems? Any help or similar experiences would be appreciated.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 06/01/2009 at 19:01

04 2.0 - frozen brakes? - PST
This was actually my wife's car and in the end I went to a fast fit place and they replaced the rear pads (which they said were low). This didn't extinguish the ABS light however and apparently this was beyond the skill levels of the fast fit place.

A couple of weeks later (Jan 09) the battery went flat during a cold snap and when this was replaced the ABS light went off and remained off. ABS was still functioning as this was tested in February snow.

Now almost a year later - temperature dips to minus 2 or 3 overnight and the ABS light has come back on. Any suggestions as to what might be the cause? Is it just worth ignoring and when the time comes (or the weather warms up) disconnect the battery for a reset?

Thanks
Paul
04 2.0 - frozen brakes? - piston power
Disconecting the battery first time around wiped the fault code.

Frozen brakes were all having a little of this my handbrake is a little weak but a few tugs of the leaver and pump the pedal while driving free it off.

Your car will have to have the codes read to see what your fault is might just be a sensor issue.