02 2.0 red central lock key flashing & won't start - brokad
52 reg 307. Red flashing central locking light has started to flash rapidly when trying to start the car. any advice? the car will now not start

Regards

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 02/01/2009 at 19:55

02 2.0 red central lock key flashing & won't start - Armitage Shanks {p}
Do you mean the small switch, to the left of the hazard light switch? This can be used when you are in the car to lock the doors to prevent muggers getting you at traffic lights. If so this switch, when flashing, means that the car is locked, or thinks that it is. I guess that if it is flashing the immobiliser will be operative and prevent the car starting. Is the light flashing slowly when the car is locked and then still flashing slowly when you are inside but before you try to start? Some sort of central locking/immobiliser interface problem I guess.
02 2.0 red central lock key flashing & won't start - Armitage Shanks {p}
just tried the following in my 307. Unlocked it, got in, locked the doors from the inside with the switch on the centre console, and then started the car without any problem. I don't know if this helps or proves anything one way or the otheJ
02 2.0 red central lock key flashing & won't start - brokad
Armitage Shanks

Thanks for the replay. the light flashes manically when the key is put in ignition and tried to turn over. Tried to reset the key by turning on ignition and holding lock button it then worked, then stopped the next time we tried.

Edited by Pugugly on 04/01/2009 at 17:16

02 2.0 red central lock key flashing & won't start - kdharper
hi there
just wondering if you have sorted the problem out,
my fan belt snapped this morning which inturn flattened the battery, put it on charge when i got home and now i have the same problem the key light is flashing realy fast and the car wont start, its turning over but not firing up also the car wont lock or unlock on the key fob or doing it manually
any advice would be most gratefully recieved
donna>>
02 2.0 red central lock key flashing & won't start - werdna
my 307 is experiencing the same thing today. i drove it 150 miles no it wont start, i turn it over and hear a click or two, then nothing its like all the power is drained, i tried charging it through a drip charger and also jump cables. nothing will start it.
the doors wont lock either

any help out there? please
02 2.0 red central lock key flashing & won't start - cotton85
has anyone sorted out this problem?