95 1.8 - Cuts out. Could it be the fuel relay? - 2502brighton
I bought this VW Cabriolet last summer, it hadn't been used for a year or so before I bought it and so on the odd ocassion that it stalled or didn't start or cut out I just put it down to that and maybe the fuel being blocked somewhere. I used engine cleaner every other time I filled up and the period without problems grew longer, so I assumed the problem was in that department. When it stalled or cut out I would give it ten or fifteen minutes and a bit of a pump on the pedal and it would start again.
Last week it cut out again and this time it wouldn't restart, I called the AA and they came to the conclusion that it was a relay but he couldn't tell me which (I didn't know there was more than one - actually the whole thing is new to me!). I ended up being towed home and here it sits.
If anyone could shed any light on this I would be eternally grateful.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 02/01/2009 at 18:56

95 1.8 - Cuts out. Could it be the fuel relay? - 2502brighton
Thanks for that but no, I've just replaced the fuel relay and the rotor arm but still nothing. It's sparking but that's about it!!
95 1.8 - Cuts out. Could it be the fuel relay? - inanimate
check distributor cap very closely as they are very prone to cracking it may be sparking
but not in the right order
inanimate
95 1.8 - Cuts out. Could it be the fuel relay? - Peter D
Fuel Relay, X Relay or hall effect in the distributor. Read This thread.
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=70...3
Regards peter