01 2.0 starting problem - Biscuit69
I Have a 2001 307 2Ltr HDI, My wife drove it to the supermarket and when she returned it failed to start. She called the RAC who manged to start the car using easy start. They suggested we have put on a diagnostics machine to find the problem. My wife then drove the car to the peugeot dealer around the corner and had it put on thier machine. They diagnosed the problem as the high pressure fuel pump being deffective and needs replacing (at great cost). They reluctlently gave us a copy of the dianostics report which had the following fault codes P0336, P0272, P0181, P0263, P0266 & P1199. I then drove the car the 10 or so miles home with out any problems, which makes me think it not the fuel pump as surely it wouldn't run? The following day and ever since the car has failed to start. I've tried changing the fuel filter (as suggested by others) but still no joy. It has also been suggested it could be a fly wheel sensor of even air in the fuel lines?

Would be grateful of any help of advise of anyone who has had simular problems.

Thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 18/01/2009 at 10:09

2001 2Ltr Starting Problem - Biscuit69
up date

I've change the crankshaft senor as suggested that 4 of the codes relate to that, but car still won't start.

Would greatful if any anyone out there could point in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
2001 2Ltr Starting Problem - steve_earwig
Not really sure if a 307 has one but the usual thing on 406 HDis is the lift pump in the tank, if you lift the rear seat can you hear it making any noises?

I know this is counter-intuative (who'd know their cars better than Peugeot, eh?) but find someone independant to do your diagnosis. I have my reasons...
2001 2Ltr Starting Problem - brokad
Hey biscuit,

I have had the same problem with mine, a main dealer tested the resistance on the injectors of ours and found it being a problem with one. Changed and starts fine first time everytime. Although we still have other problems

{Volume lowered once more}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/01/2009 at 20:37

2001 2Ltr Starting Problem - 3uga

Try changing the fuel filter if you have isues with the engine stoping while accelerating. I recomend that you use some fuel aditive. I recomend Duralube since it did the trick with my car related to stuck open injectors or rough ideling.

You could have a fuel pump with stuck parts wich prevent acumulation of fuel pressure.

2001 2Ltr Starting Problem - adverse camber
do a forum search on those error codes - look specifically for posts by a user called screwloose. He knows these systems and has saved a lot of people a lot of money.

I have a feeling that there is an issue on these about a failing connector/wiring loom.
2001 2Ltr Starting Problem - Biscuit69
Another update.

Gave the car a TOW yesterday and it started almost straight away, it ran a liitle rough to start with but once warm ran absolutely fine. Turned it of a few times and when tried to re-start it started 1st time every time. I Left it over night and tried to start again this morning but it would not start. Whilst the car was running yesterday we could see a lot of air traveling around the fuel lines and also when you pump the hand prime bulp it remains soft.
Is this normal or does suggest an air leak someware?

Thanks in advance
2001 2Ltr Starting Problem - Giggler
Did you manage to cure this problem???
2001 2Ltr Starting Problem - RobJP
Did you manage to cure this problem???

They posted this problem 7 years ago. I'd imagine that they either got it fixed or got rid of the car.