2003 1.2 Electrical faults - minor but annoying - Bjm
My 2003 1.2 Fabia estate was recently serviced and the mechanic, being helpful (because he is), cleaned the car, probably using a power washer. I don't know what caused it, but the boot won't open now. It's an electronic lock, operated by the button over the number plate. This doesn't work. The manual lever beside the driver's seat is also not working - maybe the cable is stretched. Also, the buzzer that reminds you to turn off the headlights when you open the door has stopped working. With headlights on during these dull days, this absence spells trouble and will eventually mean a flat battery. This buzzer doesn't seem to be on a fuse and I remember this cost a lot to fix on my 2000 Octavia a while back. Any advice on either item? Thanks.
2003 1.2 Electrical faults - minor but annoying - Dave_TD
Lights-on buzzer : Does the interior light come on when you open the driver's door? ie Is the courtesy light switch working? My Octavia had the courtesy light switch integral with the door latch mechanisms and they gummed/seized up and stopped working one-by-one over about 3 years (although car did cover a very high mileage in that time.)

Dave TD.
2003 1.2 Electrical faults - minor but annoying - Bjm
The interior light doesn't come on when I open the driver's door. Only when I remove the key from the ignition.
2003 1.2 Electrical faults - minor but annoying - Dave_TD
Sounds like water in the latches (door and boot) causing a short of some kind.