1999 1.8 auto g'box interlock / brake lights - MarkH2
Our W-reg Zafira MkI Auto has had a problem disengaging from Drive. As a temporary fix a local garage disconnected the interlock solenoid but I found out today that now the brake lights don't work! This is a major problem as we need to use the car over the Christmas holiday and we want to be legal. Any help how to get the brake lights working again gratefully received. I am a professional engineer so should be able to rig something up if someone can tell me what I need to do.
Also if anyone can point me to a wiring diagram (e.g. pdf) that would be fab.
1999 1.8 auto g'box interlock / brake lights - topbloke
stupid question but all the bulbs have not blown all at the same time or within a short period of time i can sort some wiring out but wont be a pdf what exactly do you need
1999 1.8 auto g'box interlock / brake lights - MarkH2
I checked the voltage at the bulbs. When the brake pedal is pressed it goes to about 0.2V - so the switch is doing something it's just not getting the full voltage to the bulbs.
Curiouser and curiouser....
1999 1.8 auto g'box interlock / brake lights - Dynamic Dave
Have you tried simulating what the switch does (ie, joining the wires together) to see if the brake lights come on?
1999 1.8 auto g'box interlock / brake lights - topbloke
would appear that the switch is u/s try the above trick see if the lights are on if so its the switch if not its wireing/fuse issue there are/should be four wires black should be live from fuse,black and yellow go's eventually to the bulb via the autobox ecu,cruise control etc