95 2.8td Fuel system bleeding (diesel) - Kowalski
This is a general fuel system bleeding question for diesel engines really but applies to the shogun 2.8TD.

I did a filter service on one today, car was 100% fine before hand (except for a cold starting issue which we are putting down to the glow plug relay at the minute) but is running like a pig now and cuts out after rough idling for a couple of minutes.

The only thing I can think of is air in the fuel system from doing the fuel filter, yet I bled and primed it as suggested in the service manual. I'm thinking maybe I didn't spend enough time bleeding, only problem is trying to avoid getting diesel everywhere.

can it take a while to get all the air out and is there any tricks to getting it right? not had much experience with diesel fuel systems.

Cheers in advance.
95 2.8td Fuel system bleeding (diesel) - gordonbennet
An outside shot here, is the fuel filter a screw on jobbie like a modern oil filter?

If so unscrew it and check the seal and the stamping around the seal for deformation, i had a similar episode and the filter was a bad stamping and wouldn't seal at all.

If thats ok, and the filter is in the usual upright position, i usually fill the filter with super clean fuel before screwing back up.

Assuming you have a proper primer plunger once the primer goes solid thats usually it, i'd look for a badly fitting or faulty filter/damaged seal.