Buses 'to become speed traps' - boxsterboy
See news story to right.

Cameras to be fitted to the back end of buses to monitor people driving too fast/close, with a warning issued accordingly. A few questions spring to mind:

The back end of most buses are so filthy, especially at this time of year, how would the cameras ever work?
If the car behind the bus is speeding, surely that means the bus is speeding too?
Of course, we never see buses being driven badly, do we?!? I mean they always pull into bus stops, and never pull pout in front of traffic, do they?

Buses 'to become speed traps' - Hamsafar
They already have them in Nottingham for bus lane penalties. Watching you watching me.
Buses 'to become speed traps' - movilogo
The back end of most buses are so filthy, especially at this time of year, how would the cameras ever work?

Make your number plate filthy as well.

We need a James Bond style number plate, which flickers to a different one at the press of a button ;)

PS: Only way to beat a bus lane is to become a cyclist. As long as cycles don't carry a number plate, they are invincible.

Edited by movilogo on 19/12/2008 at 10:57

Buses 'to become speed traps' - pyruse
How about monitoring speeding buses, buses which take corners on the wrong side of the road, and buses which squash cyclists as they try to squeeze past them in the bus lane? Or another favourite bus trick - pass cyclist just before bus stop, then swing in to kerb and slam on brakes. Lovely.
Buses 'to become speed traps' - Snakey
It says so much about the depths to which this country has plummeted when driving in a bus lane is classed as such an offence as to warrant this.

Maybe they should take a closer look at bus drivers themselves? One pulled out in front of me without indicating last week, and when I tooted my horn the driver stuck his hand out and gave me the V. Obviously he knew where the cameras where to monitor the passengers!

Since the covering of the country in bus lanes, and with this proposal, buses are now the enemy! ;-)
Buses 'to become speed traps' - Pugugly
I had a local bus driver do that to me (for not indicating left when turning into a junction in which he was waiting to turn right) a deserved one feel !

Just (in those days) reverting to stereotype behaviour
Buses 'to become speed traps' - L'escargot
Sounds OK to me. It can do no harm. In fact it may well do some good.
Buses 'to become speed traps' - Bilboman
Does this now mean that that pig-ugly blind date (once lovingly described as having the face like the back end of a bus) now has a face like a Gatso?
Buses 'to become speed traps' - boxsterboy
Ooh, Bilboman. Wash your mouth!
Buses 'to become speed traps' - GJD
I don't know about that. It might mean that your pig-ugly blind date now has a secret camera and she's filming your every move to catch you out the moment you're not at your absolutely most charming.

Buses 'to become speed traps' - Armitage Shanks {p}
Cyclists using cycle lanes! Whatever next? They use the pavements, mostly.