Best time to buy? - Miller
I am currently looking around to buy my next car. Would it be better to buy now as dealers will want to clear old stock before part ex's arrive with the coming plate change or wait a few weeks and try and pick up a part ex traded in for a new plate? Any advice welcome (I'm looking to spend 6 - 7k if that makes any difference).
Best time to buy? - The Watcher
If buying brand new from a UK dealer (which I wouldn't recommend), the best time is towards the end of the month and between the two plate change months.

If importing, it tends not to matter although if importing from the Irish Rep, the later in the calender year the better as their new registration starts in January.
Best time to buy? - Bingo
The end of the month is only good if the dealer has had a bad month! I bought a Multipla at the end of July and the dealer wouldn't budge on the book price of his or my part-ex. He admitted he'd had a good month. I'd been looking at a similar car at the same dealer in early July and he was far more flexible.
Best time to buy? - PB
I'm sure HJ could tell you, but I think it is at auction in mid-late November. Traders don't want stock when nobody is buying in the runup to Xmas.
Best time to buy? - john96
I would have thought New Year is an excellent time to buy?