Points and speeding - Dwight Van Driver
Some will have appreciated that when the Road Safety Act was passed it promised various scales in relation to points and included this for speeding.

The wheels are churning and a Commencement Order has been made for this and other matters (dealing with foreign drivers on the spot etc) viz:

tinyurl.com/5vosgn

Scroll down to Explanatory Notes for edufication.

Yet to see the Order setting the speeding points tarrifs but all should be revealed between 5th Jan and 1st April 2009

dvd
Points and speeding - Alby Back
Not commenting on the rights or wrongs of it but my straw poll of one impression is that fewer people are speeding these days.

Might be fear of cameras, or of fines/points or even fuel prices. It could just possibly be that some are simply choosing to believe that it is a good thing not to.

Just my impression as I said. Nothing more.

Anyone with any factual info on this?
Points and speeding - Rattle
My dads certainly a lot slower he would often drive down open residential roads at 40mph to keep up with the flor of the traffic, now he just does 30mph and lets them all tialgate.

I also do not speed, partly for fear of points but also as I know its safer not to.
Points and speeding - 1400ted
I agree with Humph...As I drive around this city I find that most people are happy to drive along with everyone else at around the speed limit. Most people are mature enough to know that speeding is anti-social and often doesn't get you there any quicker in town
Of course, there are always those that 'boot it' when they get free of the pack but these are the ones that pay for it in the long term.......more fuel used, fines, tyre and mechanical wear plus accidents.
Ted