Tyre balance. - Dave
Just had a tyre balanced.

Instead of ripping the old weigth off before starting the process, they just added a new balance in addition to the old one.

Am I right to be very annoyed?
Re: Tyre balance. - Mike Herridge
I reckon so. They should start from scratch. Suppose the new one was just there to balance the old one? Pointless! Was this a major tyre chain? I have to say I have never seen old weights left on.
Re: Tyre balance. - Dave
Mike Herridge wrote:
>
> I reckon so. They should start from scratch. Suppose the
> new one was just there to balance the old one?

I know for a fact it was!

> Pointless!
> Was this a major tyre chain? I have to say I have never seen
> old weights left on.

No, it was a main dealer that could supply a specific tyre I needed when my usual supplier + other major chain suppliers couldn't get hold of one. I guess the reason they have so much stock is that nobody ever goes back...

They were rude from the first moment and I took an instant dislike to the place. My normal place lets me watch so I can pick up on short cuts like this.

Paid top money and didn't get the job done right. And what is worse not inconvinient enough to bother to go back.
Re: Tyre balance. - John Slaughter
Mike's right - totally unacceptable way to go about it.

Regards

john
John Slaughter wrote:
>
> Mike's right - totally unacceptable way to go about it.

I *hate* dealers.

I try so hard not to use them and the one thing they do *have* to do for me they screw up...
Re: Tyre balance. - David Lacey
Being rude and arrogant = no excuse for that - tell your friends how you were treated.
But does your steering wheel shake at speed? If not then all is well (Tyre and wheel in balance) then I shouldn't worry too much about the original weight.
Were they alloy wheels with stick-on weights? These can be a real pain to remove and the remaining stick can damage the laquer when removed especially if the wheel is corroded even slightly.
David Lacey wrote:
>
> Being rude and arrogant = no excuse for that - tell your
> friends how you were treated.

I'd like to - and will - but the only alternatives have bad reputations. This place is supposed to be v. good.

I don't want to put people of this place only for people to go somewhere worse.

> But does your steering wheel shake at speed? If not then all
> is well (Tyre and wheel in balance) then I shouldn't worry
> too much about the original weight.

It's balanced fine. It's not a big issue. Just annoys me that every time I clean it I'll see something that's not right. ANd it's not even my fault. At the same time it's not worth the fiver to start from scratch.

What annoys me more is that the new weight is opposite and therefore clearly balancing out the old one!

> Were they alloy wheels with stick-on weights? These can be a
> real pain to remove and the remaining stick can damage the
> laquer when removed especially if the wheel is corroded even
> slightly.

Yes alloys. The new weight is a stick on, The old weight is a 'proper one.

Don't even get me started on how much I hate 'stick on' weights.

Dave