Discount for on HPI register? - Mapmaker
What sort of percentage discount do you think being on the register is worth? For a car that you might pay £1,500 for otherwise?
Discount for on HPI register? - oldnotbold
Why is it on the register?
Damage, repaired, sorry. Not because it belongs to HSBC...
Discount for on HPI register? - Altea Ego
it depends on the car and the sticker price.

we are slowly finding out the length of this bit of string.
Discount for on HPI register? - T Lucas
40% of what a car would be worth if not on register.Then insure for RTA only.
Discount for on HPI register? - George Porge
40% of what a car would be worth if not on register

I thought it had been repaired :o/
Discount for on HPI register? - martint123
I thought it had been repaired :o/

Kiss of death to resale price if on the register. That is even if you could sell it. There are too many other cars for sale.

Unless you are buying to keep until it is scrap value then you don't care about resale price.
Discount for on HPI register? - George Porge
When you're spending £1500 you buy on condition, not because it has a mark on the paperwork
>>When you're spending £1500 you buy on condition, not because it has a mark on the paperwork

That'd be rather my view.
Discount for on HPI register? - M.M
But the problem with a damaged repairable is knowing what its true condition is. Many are repaired on the cheap but with lovely shiny paint. They can come unstitched in an accident with far lower protection than an untouched car and rust is often an issue as they age.

I'm not saying never but I'd be hard pushed to buy unless I'd seen it pre-accident and knew the repairer.... an it was half price.

David
Discount for on HPI register? - oldnotbold
Frankly there are so many cars around in the £500-999 bracket that I can't see the point in buying a car with issues like this.