2003 2.0 Air con and radiator fan on contiuously - ITman
Recently my air con and radiator fan started running continuously when the engine was running. This is a June 2003 TDCi.
Air con switch did nothing. Heater controls are the 3 round dials (pre-climate control)

Fault was found to be the heater control panel which has all sorts of electronics behind it.

This has been changed and fault has gone.

Be careful though, the panel bought new is about £133
I bought a second hand one and the illumination bulbs had all blown, To change them you have to dismantle the unit and it has taken a month to source new ones as they are non standard.

Thought this might help others.

ITman
2003 2.0 Air con and radiator fan on contiuously - Simon
I don't know about the Mondeo but in the Focus if you turn the direction switch to the windscreen position it automatically switches the air con on too. It is a feature of the vehicle and the air con will switch off when you turn the direction to something other than the windscreen setting.
2003 2.0 Air con and radiator fan on contiuously - ITman
Hi

Correct, mondeo is exactly the same, works a treat, when it works, but if you have the fault that I had you can triddle with your knobs all day and it make not the slightest difference. Air Con pump keeps banging in and out every 5 seconds and the radiator fan never switches off.

Changing the control panel is the only way to stop it.

ITman