New Honda Accord. - cattleman6
I am writing this message here as I am a big enthusiast of the new Honda Accord.

I am not in a position to buy another car for some time because of the horrible credit crunch.

The new Accord looks lovely in black. Print in "Honda Accord Europe wikimedia commons" in to the Google search. Then click on the heading "Image Honda Accord 2.0 Executive Heck. JPG- Wikimedia Commons". It looks lovely in shiny black!!!!

I take a genuine interest in cars; but I feel the new Honda Accord deserves much more fuss.

Does it have traction control I wonder in the Executive model? That was important to me when driving on the ice the other day. I also like front wheel drive. I was interested in the new Citroen C5 for my next car, but the Honda Accord is much better. I am genuine about this message, as my present car is excellent, but it is old and has very big milleage.The garrage warned me that I may have problems in 6 weeks or 6 months.Something connected to the gearbox is getting warn.
Sorry I now remember: It is the drive shaft which the garrage told me is getting worn on my present car. So the car may need to be replaced when and if I get the money.
New Honda Accord. - merlin
I'm in a similar situation to yourself with an old car with lots of miles which is starting to show its age.

I was considering buying the new Accord too. The tourer version looks better IMO although I'm not convinced by the front. I see very few on the roads in the UK. Perhaps the price is too high particularly with the credit crunch.

What do you think of the latest shape Mazda 6? That's my latest favourite although no doubt by next month that will have changed. There's also the new shape Avensis coming out very soon but I would prefer not to buy a new model so soon after release.
merlin. Thanks very much for writing back. I like the new Mazda 6 very much. My neighbour has a dark grey one with darkened back windows. It's a very nice car.I read some report in this particular H.J. forum that they had some reliability problems with the Mazda diesel engines(not the same engines as the Ford Mondeo), but that will all improve knowing the Japanese.They get down to problems and fix them. The Honda Accord is supposed to be the nearest car to the upper executives of Audi A4, BMW 3 series and Mercedes Benz C Class.That is according to multiple UK car tests. The Mazda 6 is very cleverly positioned in the market. Excellent quality and fantastic interior space inside and load carrying capability and apparently excellent cornering; but not pretending to outdo the top prestige models with plushness etc etc. Very clever. There are plenty on Irish roads.They are economical, because Mazda has decided deliberately to make their models slightly lighter and of course that improves performance.they gave the Mazda 6 a very good mention in the Irish AA magazine.
I think if you look up (you may have already done it) the website on Google search which I mentioned in the opening message on this,the shiny black Accord in the showroom looks pretty good. It has to be black with it's front appearance.Silver metallic looks awful on it. There is a very good test drive on the Honda Accord done on youtube by Autotrader in Austria.The man seemed delighted with the Accord like Honest John was in his test on this site; but the light silver metallic looks awful on the Accord.
The Toyota Avensis will be a jolly good car. I have often travelled in the present ones, as there are loads of them being used as Dublin Taxis. Very comfortable, roomy and well made.Quantities of the Irish population love buying the Toyota Avensis.It's incredibly popular!!
New Honda Accord. - mike hannon
Earlier today I saw a new Accord in white. I still can't get over the fact that I thought it looked pretty good.
mike hannon. Thanks for that information. It genuinely interests me a lot.

Since I hired an automatic 2.4 petrol old shape Honda Accord (with sporty set up, harder suspension) in Cape Town last Christmas-New Year,I appreciated the car and liked it so much.So understandably I would be interested in the new one. If I bought one, I would buy a 2.2 diesel EX with manual gearbox and the normal softer suspension. Too many road humps and potholes. I loved the build quality of the Accord in Cape Town.I didn't want to hand it back!!!
Please can somebody let me know if the new Honda Accord has traction control? My present car has that and it is so important on icy roads and also I feel safer with front wheel drive.I think the Honda is front wheel drive. Here in Dublin they charge you a lot more for buying new cars and they remove a lot of the free extras. So it might make sense to buy it in the UK and bring it on the HSS ferry to Dun Laoghaire from Holyhead. (I'll be going that way return this Christmas-New Year, driving across to Harwich).

Unfortunately any new car has to wait because of the credit crunch; but our circumstances will change.
New Honda Accord. - FocusDriver
Hi cattleman

It does indeed have traction control. They all do.

Nice car. I've not read HJ's review but it'd be a bit like reading a Bentley brochure with £20 in my wallet...
Hi Focusdriver. Thanks for telling me that. I am relieved about the Accord having traction control. The other day I needed everything I had and traction control in my 1999 Seat Toledo came in very handy on icy non gritted country roads. Also I could feel everything through responsive steering. Very important. Goodness I know the people in the UK had it terribly in Scotland and northern England etc etc!!!! Those people need more than winter tyres!! I have respect. Beautiful scenery though!