01 1.2 Coil light appearing and cutting out. - nattaz23
I was wondering if you could advice me before I call to book in my car I have only owned for 10 days. I?ve just brought a Y reg 1.2 16v Clio.. only 47?000 miles on clock.

So the car?s been fine until the other day and a little orange/yellow coil light came on and engine cut out and poor idling. Seemed fine until it done in again yesterday but had to try a few times to get started then fine again, this happened again this morning.

I?ve looked in the manual and it states this is fault with heating plug?? Can you advice me please as I have also looked up this fault on a consumer site and this seems to be a common fault with most clio?s from 1999 onwards and dealers will try to rip you off trying to fix lots of different things at great cost oh and it also states this fault doesn?t appear on a fault test.

I have just came across a few threads where they have seemed to fix the fault by cleaning the throttle body and caused down to corrosion on the pins!!!???!! and Renault will try to say you need a new one.. I don?t have the money to start fixing lots of things as I?ve only jus paid 1450 for it? all my savings.

Does the above soound right?? could this be fixed without costing hardy anything??

living in herts, don't have lots of people i can ask & hardly any money.. simple, affective answers be most grateful... thanks