02 2.0 hdi (fap) model lacks low end power - m14esk
Have had our 307hdi d turbo for about 4 months now all was well until about a month ago when my wife recons its lost power, i dont drive the car all that often so didnt really notice but have done more recently and it has lost its low end power.
It is a 2002 model with the stupid fap system. It has had new fap fluid, filter and deisel filter when we bought it and i have just changed oil oil filter and air filter.
The symptoms seem to be worse when the outside temperature is cold.
When we purchased the car we were bombing about in it and ws getting 40ish mpg out of it now with the most careful of driving we can only get around 29mpg and it is really sluggish until you get the revs up.
It doesnt smoke and there are no odd oil leaks or diesel leaks.

Any ideas anyone dont really want to give the main dealer all or xmas money just yet

Thanx

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 06/12/2008 at 23:13

It has been to main dealer today they have told me its coming up with 2 faults.
1st on is faulty coolant sensor.
2nd is faulty fuel cap sensor.

Does any of this sound right to anyone out there.

PLEASE HELP

Snip quote

Edited by rtj70 on 23/12/2008 at 22:02

02 2.0 hdi (fap) model lacks low end power - rtj70
Are they fixing those faults for you. I understand from other posts on here (you could try a forum search on the right) that there can be problems on FAP equipped cars with the faulty fuel cap sensor. It uses that to detect when you refuel. This info then triggers the injection of the eolys liquid to regenerate the diesel particle filter.

Edited by rtj70 on 23/12/2008 at 22:07

Hi yes fixing these faults to the tune of £300 anyone any other ideas are they big jobs?
02 2.0 D Turbo 110 Lacks power on setting off - m14esk
Hi if anyone could help it would be really appriciated.

Had my 307 110 HDI D Turbo for nearly 6 months now and it hasn't been without problems.

My latest is that it can be very slow when you pull off i.e at junctions but appears to be alright once it has passed a certain point and drives quite well.

It went to main dealer just before christmas with poor fuel economy and lack of power when cold and they did a fault diagnostics and said it was a coolant sensor fault and filler neck sensor fault and wanted nearly £300 to do. My husband works for a ford maindealer so ordered th parts from peugeot for £35 and one of the mechanics changed them, however this hasn't really made any difference, we contacted peugeot who said the codes wouldn't need clearing and have agreed to another diagnostics free of charge. someone since has surgested clutch problems?

It is going back to main dealer next week but has anyone have any ideas?
02 2.0 D Turbo 110 Lacks power on setting off - glowplug
You could try cleaning the MAF sensor, it may not be that but it's cheap and easy to do.

Steve.
02 2.0 D Turbo 110 Lacks power on setting off - m14esk
Thanks sorry to sound silly but what and where is that and how do you do it?

Thanks
02 2.0 D Turbo 110 Lacks power on setting off FAP - m14esk
Ok so it's been to the main dealer again this morning they have cleared the fault codes since the new parts have been fitted they have checked the turbo and that is working as it should however it has a blocked filter to do with the FAP which means the FAP will need doing again to the cost of £400 can any one suggest where i could take it, they have said that my husband should be able to fit the filter but there is still the problem of dealing with the FAP.

Any ideas welcomed.
02 2.0 D Turbo 110 Lacks power on setting off FAP - Armitage Shanks {p}
A bi of confusion here I think. The FAP IS the filter and there is no way that it is a DIY job.Welcome to the world of French Euro 4 compliant diesels!

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 27/01/2009 at 11:59

02 2.0 D Turbo 110 Lacks power on setting off FAP - glowplug
If him in doors does work for a Ford main dealer he should be able to fit the FAP filter, however even after fitting it may need a trip to the main dealer if the FAP doesn't regenerate correctly.

Some basic info here -

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_particulate_filter

www.magnetimarelli.com/english/exhaust_convertitor...p

Basically the FAP is the name given to the diesel particulate filter system Peugeot/Citroen use.

Be very grateful it isn't a Mazda 6!

Steve.
02 2.0 D Turbo 110 Lacks power on setting off FAP - dieselnut
You can clean out your existing filter.
The replacement that you buy from the dealer will probably only be an exchange item that has been cleaned, not new.
I successfully cleaned my old C5 filter.
Should imagin the 307 has a similar set-up.
Here is a link to how I cleaned the C5 filter
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=48159&...e