2002 1.5 65bph diesel electrical prob - LisaW
I was driving in some seriously heavy rain today when my glow plug light flashed on and off and eventually stayed on. In the manual it says this is an electrical fault. Everything is working okay. What could this be? Could it just be the wetness or is it implying something else? Is it likely to be something serious and do I need to get it seen to asap? Any advice and help greatly recieved, thank you.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 23/11/2008 at 18:28

2002 1.5 Renault Clio 65bph diesel electrical prob - Screwloose

It means that the electronics have spotted something wrong and stored a fault code.

There are a couple of thousand of them, so guesswork probably won't help. Get a garage to read the code[s] and see what's stored.

Did you cross any floods?
2002 1.5 Renault Clio 65bph diesel electrical prob - LisaW
Yes I did. Everything else seems to be working. When I press the button that brings up the on board computer details, it goes through the list as per normal, ie mpg, etc until it comes to the on where it predicts how many gallons left to the next fill up and there it just has a line of flashing dashes. What does this mean, is it something simple like a fuse. I don't want to pay a fortune as I don't have a fortune to pay out, hence the reason for driving an economical car! Thanks for any help. Lisa