1999 18 remote key fob - ronsam
Hi,

Can some one help me, i have read the owners manual for changing the battery in my door remote control, for the life of me i can not open it appart to change the battery, i have put the screw driver in the position on the fob as shown in the manual but can not prise or move any thing on the remote, what am i doing wrong

Please advise

Ronsam (new member)
1999 18 remote key fob - Dynamic Dave
The two halves of the fob are probably just tight. Get someone to hold the key part of the fob, while you insert the screwdriver and hold onto the fob. Using the screwdriver as a lever and getting the other person to pull on the key *should* make it come apart.

Not sure if you know what it looks like when it's apart, but it should end up looking like this.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2201...4

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2202...5

Remember to re-sync the keyfob to the car once you've changed the battery.

img404.imageshack.us/img404/2157/zafirabatterychan...g

Hi Dynamic Dave

Brilliant, with the use of a pair of pliers i managed to seperate the fob parts and have now installed the new battery, i have now added you to my ebay favourites list for future purchases

Many thanks

Ronsam
1999 18 remote key fob - Dynamic Dave
i have now added you to my ebay favourites list for future purchases

Ronsam, that isn't my ebay profile. That was found via a google search to give you some photographic examples of what the fob looks like when apart.
Hi Dynamic Dave,

Sorry, realised after i sent the previous message, i am glad i have found this website, it will be very usefull in tech issues with my vectra.

Regards

Ronsam