Backroom Volunteers For ITV1 Programme - Clanger
* Do you own a gas guzzler? We want you to swap your 4x4/people carrier/gas
guzzler for a much smaller car for a week - and give us your opinion.

I'll swap my C8 for a smaller car for a week as long as I can choose the week, or the loan car has a towbar. Whether the programme makers want to travel bravely up the A1 to the wilds of Swaledale to film me cursing as I try and fit several toolboxes and other handyman gear into a Toyota Aygo or similar is another matter entirely.
Backroom Volunteers For ITV1 Programme - b308
I don't fit any of those... are they planning any more for those of us who have already downsized to talk about our reasons for doing so, HJ?
Backroom Volunteers For ITV1 Programme - oilrag
"But no more than about 15 actually showed up at either event."

Where were they held HJ?
Would be glad to attend if you ever move it up as far as Leicester Forest on the M1 ..
Backroom Volunteers For ITV1 Programme - Dwight Van Driver
>>>> Do you own a gas guzzler? We want you to swap your 4x4/people carrier/gas guzzler for a much smaller car for a week - and give us your opinion. <<<<<<

Hah hah heha heha

Does that offer come with a shoehorn to fit into a sardine tin.

I am.......a rather large heavy bloke....

dvd
Backroom Volunteers For ITV1 Programme - Stevieboy
I think it's easy to be flippant to the original request - it's not big and it's not funny, and actually it's rather rude.

Anyway full marks to HJ for forwarding the request from ITV.

I don't fit into any of those categories otherwise I'd volunteer like a shot (have downsized from two cars to one, though sized up the family up from two to four ... and on the long term look out for a fast, high-spec, fuel guzzling but cheap to buy MPV for when we add again to the family).
Backroom Volunteers For ITV1 Programme - Alby Back
HJ - I suspect that it might be to do with the higher than average automotive awareness of the contributors to this site. For example, many may well have had such vehicles in the past but would have been ahead of the game so to speak and will have altered their car preferences some time ago. Well, preferences may not be the most appropriate word but perhaps choices might.

I have had gas guzzlers and sporty/thirsty things in the past but long ago realised that I should change mainly for the sake of my bank balance but also to help protect my licence now that big brother is everywhere.

I would also have volunteered but my cars no longer fit the criteria and have not done for over ten years.
Backroom Volunteers For ITV1 Programme - martint123
I once responded to a request on a different forum. It was for a flash Sunday paper.
Spent around four hours on a cold, windy Friday getting my picture taken every which way by some bloke who had driven all the way to Beverley from Bradford (65-70 miles).

It cost me a couple of quid to buy this Sunday paper - and I WASN'T IN IT after all that faffing about, they had dropped the whole thing.

never again..............
Backroom Volunteers For ITV1 Programme - zookeeper
do you mean rosses motorway cafe at junc 21 oil rag?
Backroom Volunteers For ITV1 Programme - Avant
HJ is right - Backroomers aren't inclined to be sociable. Maybe we're all too scattered, or maybe if we wanted to show our faces we'd all go on Shutyourfacebook or whatever it's called.

I once suggested a meet in the South: two of us met - myself and a delightful chap called Steve (SjB) who sadly seems to have left us. Two other less than dynamic souls claimed to have turned up but didn't have the wit to come looking for us, even though I'd suggested meeting in the pub car park and described my car!
Backroom Volunteers For ITV1 Programme - Westpig
>>Two other less than dynamic souls claimed to have turned up but didn't have the wit to
come looking for us even though I'd suggested meeting in the pub car park and
described my car!

Avant...maybe they took one look at you and scarpered...:-)
Backroom Volunteers For ITV1 Programme - b308
Probably too scattered as you say, Avant... I know that going to London would be a bit of a non-starter... perhaps somehere in the middle of the country with motoring interest like Donnington, Gaydon or even Coventry(!).
"do you mean rosses motorway cafe at junc 21 oil rag?"

I was just meaning somewhere halfway up the M1 really Zookeeper. Never heard of Rosses - it`s a bit off my regular patch down there, other than passing through on route to France.

Actually now I`ve suggested it, I`m getting cold feet - an almost instant reaction.....
Maybe that`s what happens ;)

There were some members of a Mech magazine that went to a meet and appeared in a photo in the mag at a later date. That seems quite `high exposure` to me.

Maybe if there were no cameras..... and we wore masks.

:-)

Backroom Volunteers For ITV1 Programme - Alby Back
We'd spot you at 500 paces Oily, no-one else would cruise up in such an example of deeply cool Italian understatement. I imagine you would lean on it, Ray Bans propped atop your flowing locks, exquisite leather jacket draped a little too casually over your shoulders, slightly too snug designer jeans and unable to stop e-mailing important contacts on your latest model Blackberry while simultaneously winking knowingly at any passing members of the fairer persuasion.........

;-)
"slightly too snug designer jeans"

That`s me Humph ;) you saw them in the HK pic earlier then?

(£4 from Primark)
Backroom Volunteers For ITV1 Programme - PoloGirl
"I once suggested a meet in the South: two of us met - myself and a delightful chap called Steve (SjB) who sadly seems to have left us. Two other less than dynamic souls claimed to have turned up but didn't have the wit to come looking for us, even though I'd suggested meeting in the pub car park and described my car! "

I think I was there! You didn't come looking for ME. ;-)

Could perhaps be a cell phone `bluetooth enabled` meeting next time then Pologirl.

You know - scan and find - send each other little pics of cars, while never actually meeting, but being somewhere within around 25 metres ...
;)

Backroom Volunteers For ITV1 Programme - boxsterboy
I was in 'What Car?' a few years back, when they did a Customer Clinic on the then new Citroen C4. We met at a dingy studio in Wimbledon and picked and prodded at the thing, as well as a Golf and Focus they had there. Funny thing is, a couple of years later I ended up buying one!