02 1.6 - rear seat stuck - y2k+4
Hi all, I've been moving recently and having come to put the seats up again I've found that the belts have tensioned and locked. Is there anyway to solve this?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 19/11/2008 at 00:05

0th2 1.6 Focus - rear seat's stuck - Pugugly
If you search MONDEO I'm sure someone mentioned a fix
02 1.6 Focus - rear seat's stuck - nottsruss
If problem is similar to mondeo , release seat back catch and slam seat back down to horizontal very hard , this should activate inertia and release belt.

cheers nottsruss
02 1.6 Focus - rear seat's stuck - y2k+4
Thanks for the responses. It has actually caught whilst horiztonal...so it is impossible to get back to vertical?
02 1.6 Focus - rear seat's stuck - y2k+4
Any ideas...anyone?
02 1.6 Focus - rear seat's stuck - bikerider
The only way in my experience is to unbolt the seat back which will allow you to get at the buckle securing torx bolt T55 If i remember, you can then undo the bolt,refit the seat back and pull the belt out sometimes it's a bit of a juggle to pull the belt out again but with a bit of perseverance this normally works.
02 1.6 Focus - rear seat's stuck - Ben 10
Had the same thing happen on my C-Max. Just persevere with tugging the belt, continuously. Eventually the inertia reel will slacken.
So tug hard, when you feel the lock let the belt retract slightly then pull out belt lightly, should release. Worked every time for me.

Edited by scribe on 21/11/2008 at 14:08