Another tyre opinion question - kithmo
SWBO went for a pair of tyres yesterday, after ringing round she decided not to go for budget tyres (I was buying them after all !), but to go for branded tyres and she wanted Pirellis as that was what was fitted originally.
Anyhow off she goes to a local place that had quoted her £47 incl fitting, balancing and carcass disposal, per tyre. When she gets there they said they had not got the Pirellis in stock and offered her another tyre for £37 so she said ok. It turned out that £37 did not include fitting etc and she ended up paying £49 per tyre, which she objected to and was refunded the difference.
The tyres fitted were 185 65 14H BF Goodrich Profiler 2 which are priced at £59 each on mytyres and, according to the BF Goodrich website, are a relatively new version and by all intents and purposes seem to be a very good tyre and better than the Pirellis.
I was wondering if any backroomers had fitted these tyres and if so how do you rate them ?

Edited by kith on 07/11/2008 at 21:50

Another tyre opinion question - quizman
Kith, the BF Goodrich car tyres did not do very well in the Which tests. I would be rather cross having got a quote for Pirelli's, then they hadn't got any. I would have thought that the Pirelli's would have been more money than the BFs.

However I have got BF Goodrich tyres on my Landrover Defender, they are very good.

I would find a new tyre firm as well.
Another tyre opinion question - kithmo
Kith the BF Goodrich car tyres did not do very well in the Which tests.

Were they the Profiler2 in the tests ?
By all accounts they are a "performance" tyre.
I would find a new tyre firm as well.

That's a definite foregone conclusion, once bitten twice shy as they say and there are plenty of suppliers to choose from in the rotherham & sheffield area.

Edited by kith on 09/11/2008 at 16:25