New brake pads - smokie
The Omega MV6 is nearly due new pads, and I remember reading posts here about EBC Green Stuff pads being similar prices to OEM brake pads and yet having superior stopping power and also less dust.

I have found one place which sells them over the net (there may be more...) and a set of 4 is about £60.

I don't know how this compares to OEM prices, but are there any expert opinions as to whether I should or should not get them? Although I drive the car fast, I'm reasonably gentle on my brakes...and I don't do track days or suchlike.
New brake pads - Cyd
I use EBC Green Stuff on my Rover 820 Vitesse Sport. They are fantastic. Stopping power is superb with excellent progression and so far (despite my best efforts) I have not experienced any fade. They produce very little dust and the wear rate seems fair. They work fine from cold.

If I still had a rally car, these are the pads I would use.
New brake pads - Crombster
I have Greenstuff pads & EBC Turbogroove discs on my V6 Omega and I would be lying if I said they were far better than Vauxhall equipment.

True, i dont suffer from brakedust as the alloys are always spotless. After fitting the new brakes they actually seemed worse for a while, however, now they have bedded in they have improved considerably. There has been a lot of discussion on the merit of Greenstuff pads recently, and I probably wont replace them with another set. Predator pads come recommended, but I'm not sure if the Omega is in the range. I will have a look about when they are due for replacement!

New brake pads - robert
Ok, so how long DO pads last on an Omega?
New brake pads - smokie
I bought my car at 23k-ish, presumably still on originals, and mine are close (but not desperately close) at 45k. Mechanic said at 40k they were 65% through. Obviously depends somewhat on driving style
New brake pads - blank
Smokie:
My experience is second-hand, but from a good trusted friend who likes his cars! He runs an MX5 and an Imprezza turbo.

Phase 1- On the newly purchased MX5, he was none too impressed with the brake's feel and progressiveness. The pads looked fine, but when replaced by Greenstuff felt hugely better and he was well impressed.

Phase 2- He decides that such was the improvement in the MX5, he'll try them on the Scoob. But since he's starting using it for a bit of mild motorsport he'll go for some new EBC discs as well. He fits them very carefully and the result is dreadful. I drove the car and it felt like the discs were warped from about 100000 miles of harsh braking. He contacted EBC and below is an extract from an email from him to me. Seems pretty good!
"I spoke to EBC and they were really helpful, they said I should be using red stuff pads with my car although that's not why I had judder and there was obviously something wrong with the disks but they couldn't say what until they'd had a look at them.
Anyway, the long and short of it is they collected the old disks and pads and delivered a new pair of disks and red stuff pads direct from EBC at no charge to me.

Phase 3 will be fitting the replacement discs and redstuff pads.

Hope this helps

Andy
New brake pads - Crombster
I reckon you could get 40k out of a set of pads... I replaced the pads after I had driven the car for 30k, and the pads still had a fair bit of life in them...