01 1.6 water in rear passenger footwell. - argybargy
Hi all
Friend of mine has a 2001 Ford Focus Ghia.
Couple of days ago she discovered a veritable pond of water in the rear passenger footwell. It hasnt rained for several days, so it must have been laying there for a good while, and the carpets are totally soaked.As far as I know the water is only in the back of the car.
Ive gone back on this site and found a couple of threads in which a similar problem has been encountered by others and linked to leakage through the pollen filter, but I havent a clue where this thing is to be found, nor how it causes a leak, and still less how it can be rectified.
Anyone any info?
Cheers.
01 1.6 water in rear passenger footwell. - focus306
Hi there,
Are you sure there is no soggy carpet in the front? I had that problem a couple of weeks ago. Open the bonnet and on the passenger side is a rubber 'scuttle panel' which presses against the screen. There's two clips that hold it down and then 3 along the front. There is a seal that goes between the screen and this rubber 'scuttle panel'. When this gets removed to replace the pollen filter the clips get snapped and then upon replacement it does not get held tight against the screen. Dealers sell the clips, which you will have to bond back on, clean up the edge of the panel and the screen and put a new seal on (couple of quid). Its seems a common problem. I had a load of water in the passenger footwell, had to lift carpet and soak up with a towel. If its only i the back it could be something else thats wrong. Buts this is answer to the pollen filter prob.

hope that helps (sorry don't have photo)