1996 1.3 Tightening pedals and rusted spark plug - Rattle
Thought I would make one thread rather than two when I replaced the air filter today I noticed one of the plugs had rusted into the cylinder head. I decided the best thing do is leave well alone, the engine is running perfectly atm and it does not miss fire, but what happens when the plug fails? Is this a cylinder head off job and is this a huge job in terms of labour?

Secondly the throttle pedal feels a little bit loose, it could do with tightening this up, is this an easy job to do myself?

Thanks

PS Sorry for all the questions about my car just want to get the little niggles fixed.
1996 1.3 Tightening pedals and rusted spark plug - Number_Cruncher
>>is this an easy job to do myself?

Check the mounting points for the pedal are secure.

With an assistant, check that when the throttle is fully pressed, the throttle valve is fully opened on the engine.

Then, leave well alone.

Countless poor idling faults on fuel injected cars have been caused by well meaning owners taking up the slack in the cable. It's there to make absolutely sure that there's no tension preventing the throttle fully closing. On these cars, if the throttle is held open - even by a tiny amount - the engine management computer is fooled, and the car's idling behaviour is ruined.

1996 1.3 Tightening pedals and rusted spark plug - Rattle
Thanks NC, will give it a go then report back if there is a problem.