HJ new Ka road test - tyro
Interesting test.

Three things strike me about the new Ka.

1. The pricing - starting at £7995 it is very close to the Fiat 500 - at £8100, and also to the new Fiesta at £8695. In fact, the new Fiesta is currently available from Drivethedeal at £7961. So the new Ka is not cheap. However, the old one was not cheap when it was launched in 1996 - it was priced in Fiesta territory, and it was not until around 2002 that it became possible to get them for £5000.

2. The fact that while the Fiat 500 offers two different sunroofs, there is no sunroof available on the Ka - and more surprisingly, it seems no sunroof will be available on the Fiesta either - unless I missed something.

3.The words "8 year no perforation body warranty" at the bottom of the price/specifications page. That is the really important bit!

HJ new Ka road test - mfarrow
I was surprised to see that is actually smaller than the old Ka - for a change.

Looking at the review, this should be a cracking little car - can't wait until it goes on general sale, and hopefully the girlfriend will want to but one :-D

I'm glad to see there's a temperature gauge (what are Vauxhall thinking with the Corsa D?) and a reasonable engine line-up come next year. The diesel ECOnetic might be hard to shift (!) though.