Insurance re no claims discount - cottontop
Hi all,

Situation is as follows.

Existing policy with 5 years NCB commenced on 1/12/07.

Ive bought a new car which I'm taking delivery on 1/11/08.

I've contacted the old insurance company to cancel the policy as I'm starting a new policy with a different insurance company. In the last 11 months since the start of the policy I haven't had a claim.

I'm still entitled to take my 5 years NCB to the new policy right ? and will the old insurance company send me proof of the NCB i currently have ?

Many thanks

Richard
Insurance re no claims discount - Blue {P}
If you had 5 years NCB when you took your existing policy out then yes, you can cancel after 11 months and take the 5 years to your next car. I doubt you'll get to claim 6 years NCB though.

thats fine Blue, 5 years is fine....i just had a "what if" scenario !
Insurance re no claims discount - Falkirk Bairn
Why not let the current policy run / expire

Then start the new policy at the renewal date!
I was told you cannot have a no-claims bonus spread over 2 policies (even for 1 month). If I was to amend my existing policy to accommodate the new car then i would have to pay £35 to ammend the policy and given that I had to do that when I moved house earlier in the year I wasn't going to do it again.
Insurance re no claims discount - Armitage Shanks {p}
Is £35 more, or less, than than one year's extra no claim bonus? Do you have to change insurers?
Insurance re no claims discount - Jonathan {p}
Quite a few insurers will only take a maximum of 5 years NCB, so having 6 will probably make no difference to the premium.
Exactly Jonathon,

I wasnt going to fork out the extra money when it wast going to make any difference....