03 2.0 pump location for fuel sender - dyl13
where is the fuel sender on the tank and how do I get to it

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 25/10/2008 at 19:45

03 2.0 pump loation for fuel sender - Screwloose

Petrol or diesel? Why do you want to find it?
03 2.0 pump loation for fuel sender - dyl13
diesel,the one that sends the fuel from the tank to the engine,I have been told that it could be under the back seat and hopefully accessible that way so that I dont need to take the tank off to replace it

A fuel sender is the device that tells the fuel gauge how much fuel is in the tank.

A fuel pump is as it's name suggests. There may not be one fitted on your car.

So; can we have the whole story; the three letter engine code starting "RH" from the VIN number and the make of the fuelling system actually fitted - Bosch or Siemens?
I am only going off what I have been told.I dont know the make of the fulling system,the engine code is DRHSB92.The actual problem is that the engine sometimes cuts out as if starved of fuel.After a few attempts to start it up it eventually starts with the engine management warning light staying on.I also noticed that there appears to be a slight noise coming from the rear of the car.

If you have a Bosch system [the Siemens has no tank pump] then there should be a slight noise from the tank for about ten seconds at key-on.

Those pumps are around £200 and it's unwise to guess at any fault on a hyper-complex HDi. The only way to proceed is to first get the fault-codes, that are putting the light on, read.

Fusebox failure is far more common than the pump itself - I know; I've got a good used 607 pump sitting on the bench due to exactly that.
I have had this problem for a while and I had the car serviced around 2500 miles ago,at that time the engine warning light was on so I asked the peugeot garage to run an engine diagnostics,they did only to report that they could find no faults.

Strange; if the light was on, then there were faults stored.
so what do you think I should do ?

The only way to proceed is to first get the fault-codes, that are putting the light on, read.
So,that means going back to the peugeot dealer

Not necessarily; most garages have access to a good scanner.
ok thanks