02 1.3 Fans only blowing cold - Errodiel
As the title says, the fans in my 2002 Ka are only blowing cold air. A bit of reading says it's 90% likely to be the heater control valve that's at fault. The question is, is it an easy part for a novice to replace? We have a ford dealer nearby where we can get the part and my partner has some experience messing with engines...but we have very little in the way of tools - just a couple of screwdriver sets, and a couple of wrenches and sockets.

Would I be better off taking the Ka and the part to my friendly local backstreet garage? Cheers :)
02 1.3 Fans only blowing cold - piston power
If you have the haynes manual it will "guide" you through it.

Does the engine coolant hoses get hot when been running a while?

Could also be stuck open thermostat which again is a easy job to do.
02 1.3 Fans only blowing cold - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Almost certainly the valve. The same part on a fiesta is relatively simple but the Ka is more difficult as the Ka is much tighter for space. If you are not that confident get your indy to do it.
02 1.3 Fans only blowing cold - Errodiel
Thanks for the replies! I'm about to run the other half to work, so I'll check the coolant hoses when I get back. I'll dig out the Haynes and have a look in there to see how it looks :)
02 1.3 Fans only blowing cold - BeemerCoupe
did this work?? i also have a KA blowing out cold air, not good in this weather! my garage says it could be a bigger problem - radiator / head gasket (!). is this likely. they havn't looked at it yet but from what ive read it sounds like the heater control valve