01 1.0 Aerial: adjusting the angle - mikem004
The car has a 1 metre black aluminium flexible whip aerial. The aerial is fixed in the middle-front of the car roof.
(Note: the aerial may be an after-market replacement. Anyway, It's not the old-type Micra pillar aerial).

Question: Is it possible to adjust the angle of these aerials? It gets tangleed up with the garage door every time I reverse out of my garage. It makes a hell of a noise and will probably eventually knacker the aerial or scratch the roof.
Thanks
Mike
01 1.0 Aerial: adjusting the angle - Chris M
Not sure for your particular car but sometimes the bracket is adjustable. If you can see a screw on the side, give it a turn and see if it loosens the bracket. If it is not adjustable, how about weighting the aerial down whilst you reverse out of the garage. Would a plastic bottle slipped over the end be heavy enough?
01 1.0 Aerial: adjusting the angle - mikem004
> Not sure for your particular car but sometimes the bracket is adjustable. If you can see a screw on the side, give it a turn and see if it loosens the bracket.<
No screw on the side. If you look from the back, there is some sort of metal bracket/fitment. I tried to move this with a screwdriver with no luck.

> If it is not adjustable, how about weighting the aerial down whilst you reverse out of the garage. Would a plastic bottle slipped over the end be heavy enough?<

Good idea!
I get the feeling some of these aerials are at a fixed angle. Not adjustable.

See www.motocare.co.uk/product.asp?strParents=91,393&C...3

Fixed at 52 degrees.

Mike