Blackfriars - are you ready for the chaos? - Tron
London Underground (LU) and Network Rail today announced that Blackfriars Underground station will close from 2 March 2009 until late 2011 as part of Network Rail's Thameslink upgrade programme.

tinyurl.com/4z2k7z

I used to work here (Blackfriars) so I already know how busy this environment is.

When this area gets closed down the strain it will put on to the surrounding area & transport infrastructure is somethng I would not like to be embroiled in.

I 'pity' any commuter that has to endure 2+ years of this...

{typo in header corrected}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 13/10/2008 at 11:20

Blackriars - are you ready for the chaos? - jc2
Means you'll have to use Temple or Mansion House-hardly a great distance in either direction!!
Blackriars - are you ready for the chaos? - Tron
Temple & Mansion house are close true, as are

Chancery Lane, St Pauls, The Bank, Farringdon, Barbican, Moorgate but to name a few.

Displaced will be (as I have read) 100,000+ daily commuters and travellers that currently use Blackfriars.

The surrounding variables and options can only just now cope with their own passenger demands placed upon them - especally during peak periods. When they close Blackfriars - how will they cope then?

Motorcycling commuter: I started to do this back in 1987. I left London in 2000 a lot richer for not having to pay LRT (Zone 1 to 5) fares and with more time on my hands for not being at the mercy of the commuter network that so often failed.

Edited by Tron on 13/10/2008 at 10:48