03 1.2 electric windows not working - mattyR
I picked up my car on friday and the electric windows were working okay. Now neither left or right will open or close.have checked fuses and these seem okay. Any ideas for what the problem could be?
03 1.2 electric windows not working - elekie&a/c doctor
The handbook lists fuse #20 a 20 amp yellow fuse as the main power supply.Are you sure that the correct fuse has been checked as it can be a bit tricky to get the fuse map orientation the right way round.Just a thought,does everything else work ok are they original factory fit windows?hth
thanks for that - have looked at where this fuse should be and there isn't a fuse in the #20 slot - we'd checked #5 and #19 which are okay. The space for #20 doesn't accept a fuse as it has no grip and the fuse just wobbles in this slot. Any other ideas please?
mattyR
03 1.2 electric windows not working - elekie&a/c doctor
I have just noticed that fuse #35 (5A)is also listed for window lifters.I am using the info for a 2001 model,your car may be different.If all the fuses check out ok,then a more in depth test will be needed.hth
03 1.2 electric windows not working - Dynamic Dave
Try checking fuse 35 (5 amp) as this is listed in a 2003 handbook as also for the electric windows.

Depending on whether bought private or from a garage; if the latter then why not take it back for them to sort?

EDIT - getting slow in my old age

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 12/10/2008 at 22:14

all sorted now - thanks for your help. We looked through the manual and found that fuse 34 also controls the electric windows and when checked found this one had blown. no spares in the car so off to Halfords tomorrow! mattyR
03 1.2 electric windows not working - Dynamic Dave
That's funny, in my 2003 manual it says that fuse 34 (30 amp) for the diesel filter heater
sorry - meant fuse 35! Thanks Dynamic dave. First time on this website and very impressed!!