Rover 200 turbo diesel - Roger Jones
My partner's decided to buy a P-reg Rover 200 turbo diesel for herself. There's 80,000 miles on the clock. Any comments on the model's strengths and weaknesses?
Re: Rover 200 turbo diesel - DIesel Dave
I had a 400L fitted with this engine, I ran it for 40 000 miles in 12 months and thought it was a fantastic car, it never ever missed a beat, cruised at 100mph+ and returned 50 mpg, its got very quick acceleration for a Diesel too.

This looks like a reasonable choice.

Only "fault" I ever had was a track rod end that needed replacing. you should be ok with this motor !!!

David
Re: Rover 200 turbo diesel - David Lacey
Yep - basically a fairly good strong car - if possible go for the SDi intercooled model gives better performance and slightly better economy.
Watch out for oil leaks from the oil pump area, coolant leaks from the thermostat housing at the front of the engine, cracked/broken/missing underbelly acoustic trays (Expensive), cambelt & fuel pump belt change at 84000 miles. Check that the radio and remote control on the steering wheel works and also check that you recieve TWO sets of keys with TWO remote controls as the key will be useless to start the engine on its own without the remote. Another remote will cost about £80.
Good luck, look around and be fussy, there are plenty out there.