00 1.6 8v Roof aerial, and cambelt noise. - stardust
Hi,

Put car in garage but the aerial hits on the door as you close it can I snip a bit off the end do you think. also had cambelt changed but now car has noise from the cambelt area, any ideas

Cheers

Alan

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/10/2008 at 19:45

00 1.6 8v Roof aerial, and cambelt noise. - Dynamic Dave
Snipping off part of the aerial will affect the signal to the stereo. How about reversing the car into the garage instead?

When the cambelt was changed, did they just change the belt or tensioner as well? Is the noise any quieter / noisier when the engine is cold / hot?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/10/2008 at 19:48

00 1.6 8v Roof aerial, and cambelt noise. - stardust
Hi,

Not possible to reverse in as limited room in road so am using a bungee cord onto rear door handle at moment. Re the noise it gets louder when engine warmed up. I had it changed because the car has only done 15.000 miles but is eight years old

Alan
00 1.6 8v Roof aerial, and cambelt noise. - Dynamic Dave
Re the noise it gets louder when engine warmed up.

That would suggest the belt is too tight then.
00 1.6 8v Roof aerial, and cambelt noise. - Victorbox
....or buy the shorter stubby version or just unscew it - about 6 turns. If it only clips the end you might as well let it rattle up and down on your garage door. They are quite tough - it will do less damage than cutting the end off.

It could be a slightly tight belt - whirring sound or something rubbing. My old Cavalier always had this after changing as the daft waterpump adjustment method was too seized and the garage would put it on tight and let it loosen off. Obviously your method of tensioning belt is different. Either get it re-done or chance it for 300 miles to see if it slackens off a bit and disappears.