02 1.4 using too much fuel since last week - Jumbella
Last week I had 2 new front tyres with front discs and pads replaced and replacement of console and brushes on left passenger side. ( at national tyres) Then got a replacement timing belt water pump and fan belt. ( at an independent garage) ( only because I was advised that should be done at 60 thousand miles) ( done 58995 miles) Plus full service. The next day I immediately noticed that the fuel guage was going down at a rapid rate. It appears to have fallen a quarter of a tank after about 15 miles. ( I took it back to the independent garage and they did an exhast emisssions test and looked for leaks but said it was perfect.) Any advice. I do plan to refill and do a proper calculation of mileage but as I cant sleep at night worrying about it I thought that I would post an inital question about it. I remember reading somewhere that tight front discs could cause more fuel to be used could that be a reason. I have yet to take it back to National tyres as yet. I thought that I would ask here first. I am hoping that it maybe just a temporary thing.
Thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 08/10/2008 at 23:02

02 1.4 my car using too much fuel since last week - Jumbella
Just remembered that I also had an EGR replacement valve done at the end of August