03 1.8 LPG fuel problem - bbarrett
I have a 53 duel-fuel Ford Focus (manufacturer fitted lpg). Recently, I've been experiencing intermittent trouble with the gas supply to the engine. A few minutes after starting the car the gas supply to the engine seems to die and the power fades away. It doesn't usually cut out completely, but the engine struggles until either the petrol kicks in automatically or I switch it manually.
It doesn't happen all the time, but usually it's when the engine has just been started from cold. Sometimes after this happens I switch to petrol then back to gas again and the same thing occurs after a few minutes. However, once the car has been running on gas for a while it seems to be OK for the rest of the journey.

This is only recent; I've had the car for a year now and it has always run fine before. It has covered 103000 miles so far. I'm not an expert on lpg so not sure who makes the system that Ford fitted in their vehicles or what effect this might have. The car was recently serviced and has never had any other mechanical faults that I know of.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or know what might be causing it? I've read some previous posts on lpg which seem to suggest it might be some kind of filter in the gas fuel line.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Pugugly on 07/10/2008 at 23:02