New Car Prices & Available Discounts - imb
Have seen selected new Fiesta with 15% discount which is a good starting point in today's troubled finanical climate. How much discount should we expect on the new Jazz? 15% or more dealers please!!! Unfortunately, in my experience and especially in Scotland dealers won't haggle!!! Anyone had similiar experiences?
New Car Prices & Available Discounts - Falkirk Bairn
Jazz & 15% off - they did not appear in the same sentence in the past.

In the future? time will tell.
New Car Prices & Available Discounts - andyfr
Unfortunately in my experience and especially in Scotland dealers won't haggle!!!
Anyone had similiar experiences?

We live in the north of Scotland and travelled over 500 miles to get a decent discount on a new CR-V last year. We just incorporated the journey it in a holiday.
New Car Prices & Available Discounts - tawse
This crunch has a long way to go and ALL dealers will be reducing cars big-time before it is over.

Was told yesterday that the boss of a local estate agency chain has had to get rid of his large shiny Merc and can apparently be now seen driving around in a Polo. I mention this because the 'posh' brands might think that their clientele have the cash and hence their sales will be unaffected but, in this credit crisis, it is probably best to be a seller of Fords than a seller of the pricier stuff.
New Car Prices & Available Discounts - CGNorwich
All dealers will be reducing cars big-time before it is over.

Agree but Honda's pricing does'nt give dealers the opprtunity to give the discounts that you can get at a Ford or Vauxhall dealer where the list price is set way above the anticipated deal price. New Jazz is also likely to be in demand as an economical vehicle so I would be suprised if you can get much more than 5% off list anytime soon.

New Car Prices & Available Discounts - geoff1248
But I suspect that trade in values will also fall (with the exception of certain models) so the actual cost to change will not be much different that it was 6 months ago.
New Car Prices & Available Discounts - andyfr
I think there's a lot in what you say Geoff, although I'm sure most dealers would prefer to do a deal without a part exchange.