VW door mirror - how much to replace? - tawse
Hi,

The electric door mirror has gone on a friend's mark 4 silver VW golf and I was wondering what sort of price would it cost to get it replaced and how difficult is it actually physically removing the damaged one and putting in the new one?

I have seen the mirrors, in black, on ebay for £38 incl delivery and was wondering whether they need to be painted or not? If it was me I would settle for it being black if it was fairly easy to fit.

Already had a quote of £280 for replacement and painted of the mirror silver which seems steep.

T.
VW door mirror - how much to replace? - VR6
My MK3 mirror was kicked off the other day, and i guess the MK4 price would be similar. VW quoted: £75 for the mirror inc. base plate, motor etc... and then an additional £35 for the plastic cover, which would come primed. I think the heated glass alone is about £30.

So I bought a second hand one off ebay for £20.

EDIT: Oh and removing it shouldn't be a problem. Its usually just a few bolts to remove from the inside of the car, and disconnecting a multi plug.

Edited by VR6 on 07/10/2008 at 00:20

VW door mirror - how much to replace? - Falkirk Bairn
About £120 inc VAT & Labour - a good mechanic should take about 15 mins max to do the job.

Doing it yourself would take ages as you attempt to locate the screws, clips and push-fit trim on the door etc Having done it once you will be a lot wiser on the know-how but hopefully once is enough.
VW door mirror - how much to replace? - Stuartli
You could try breakers such as:

tinyurl.com/4wz2na

tinyurl.com/5ykffy

or e-Bay:

tinyurl.com/4b8wdl

VW door mirror - how much to replace? - guss
if your handy with cars try ebay which will be cheaper then follow this link for a guide !

forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?&id=2484545&postid=...8

or find a friendly and cheap garage !
VW door mirror - how much to replace? - Hamsafar
ECP (Eurocarparts) sell them made by MACHT for £48 complete with primed cover and heated glass - Mr Singh needs your money to help save LSUK.
VW door mirror - how much to replace? - tawse
Thanks all the advice - a different garage today is doing the job for £90 all in.
VW door mirror - how much to replace? - PeterP
Tawse, would you be able to provide details of the garage that you used if it's not to far from London and the job was completed to your satisfaction?

Thanks