thinking of new golf - acrabat
Its time to say goodbye to the octy vrs 53 plate after 4 enjoyable, reliable years and move onto pastures new. I was thinking about a nearly new golf mk v gti. Bearing in mind a new one is due in spring would there be a best time to buy? now? or wait until the new one is released whenever that is?
all opinions appreciated
thinking of new golf - Pugugly
Don't know the answer, all I can say is that its a cracking car -Superb engine - smooth quiet (well my other car is a VAG PD !) but seriously smooth engine and a very, very satisfying drive.
thinking of new golf - Avant
I'd have thought that if you wait till the new year you might get a good deal on a new Mark V GTI, if your budget will run to it. If you wait till the Mark VI GTI comes out you risk the run-out ones being snapped up quickly.

There may be quite a few nearly-new ones about when the Mark VI comes - with a nearly-new performance car there's always the possibility that it will have been caned.
thinking of new golf - Avant
Update on previous post: if you look at the 'What Car recommends' feature at the front of the latest edition of What Car (p. 12 I think) it says that VW have already stopped making the Mark V GTI. So get in there quickly if you want one.
thinking of new golf - acrabat
thanks for the replies. I will most likely get one within the next few weeks then