04 1.2 Will not start when hot - Hampshirelad
Hi everyone, I have had my Clio from new and until now without any problems. The car is a perfect starter from cold but this week when I have stopped and the engine is still warm it refuses to start. I have to leave the car to cool down (so there is just one bar on the temperature gauge) before it will start, could it be something that is either breaking down or a sensing problem when the engine is at operating temp. Any help or advice would be welcomed. The battery seems to be ok and all the warning lights extinguish including the immobilizer light, and the fact that it will start after cool down points in a temp direction, do you think?
04 1.2 Will not start when hot - topbloke
classic sign of a failing crankshaft sensor, there are many revisions of this on the clio's ( many different coluors and usually require a connector soldering on )
topbloke, is this something I can do easily? Can I buy a new one and solder the connection on? also where will I locate it on the engine? thanks.
04 1.2 Will not start when hot - topbloke
where the gearbox meets the engine right at the top of the box (12 o'clock position) held in by two ten mill bolts bit of a pig to see but not that bad to change go get yourself a new one fron the dealers and it will help you last one i brought about £25 , the wireing that needs soldering is straight forward but the coulors don't match up but if you follow each wire they go to individul pins just cut one at a time and follow the pin accordingly (will be easier with the part in your hand)

Edited by topbloke on 05/10/2008 at 17:31

Thanks topbloke, I will let you know if it cures the problem,cheers.