2000 2.0Hdi problems - sisis
Hi

as per many people who own one of these cars i now have a problem with my HDI, it started yesterday with cutting out at random occasions with these cutting out occurances becoming more frequent. I have taken the car into a garage today and they have called me up to say the car has a fault code of P1112 - fuel rail pressure low?

It means nothing to me and they are saying it could be the high pressure pump not building enough pressure. I said when i left the car there is a funny bubbling sound coming from the fuel tank and they have assured me the intank?? fuel pump makes this sound when its not getting enough fuel? i said it had half a tank of fuel in it!. they said its something to do with the return pick up from the engine? the pick up is directly across from the return!?

Can someone point me in the right direction with this please!!!! i don't want to be lumbered with a huge bill for a high pressure pump if the car doesn't need one!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/10/2008 at 19:21

2000 2.0Hdi problems - Screwloose

Carry out an injector leak-off rate test and check the tightness of the terminals on the rail pressure sensor - modified plug-in loom section available.
2000 2.0Hdi problems - sisis
Hi screwloose

thanks for the reply, i have actually got the vehicle sorted now and i can not believe what it was! it was the fuel filter not supplying the high pressure pump apparently. no return pressure so no feed into the cup! the filter was replaced back in april with me covering hardly any miles.

But its all sorted! strange, its a £10 repair if that!
2000 2.0Hdi problems - Screwloose

If an HDi filter blocks that quickly; then it wasn't clean pump diesel going through it - do you have anything to confess, my son?