05 1.6 water leak & wind noise from top of door - tonyrees68
Ive got a lot of wind noise and recently a small water leak coming from the top of the drivers side door above the glass window, ive tried to push back the door catch after loosening it a bit but no real movement there .
When out side the car i can push the top of the door frame towards the body and there is some give but it springs back into place again so is there any way i can make this a permenant adjustment.
I havnt tried adjusting any of the door hinges yet ,just the catch plate
any help on this otherwise a great car
Regards Tony

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/10/2008 at 19:19

05 1.6 water leak and wind noise from top of drive - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Are you talking about the top corner of the door adjacent to the B post ie above your shoulder? If so sounds like someone has tried forcing their way in by prising the top corner away. Suggest you drop the window right down, open the door, and try and pull the top corner back into place little by little until its right.
05 1.6 water leak and wind noise from top of drive - tonyrees68
Thanks Andrew but the problem seems to be further to the front of the car where the door frame starts to curve downwards at the top i will try your suggestion to see how i get on
Thanks again ill let you know how it goes
Regards Tony
05 1.6 water leak and wind noise from top of drive - tonyrees68
Thanks Andrew your idea fixed the problem very well
I was a bit timid at first bending the frame back but got there in the end i was very suprised how flexable the window frame was and now the door shuts nicer and no wind noise or water leaks at all
Nice one Beers all round
cheers Tony