Oil service, MoT+brake overhaul £160 - Value! - Falkirk Bairn
My 10 yr old Mazda Xedos needed oil service + MoT and the brakes pulled apart as they are ageing - pistons /calipers have stuck in past and caused issues.

Picked it up at my local independent and the bill £160 inc VAT and a fresh MoT - took 2.5 hrs due to the brakes.

Contrast that with my X-trail - 1 yr old - oil service £135 inc Vat (took 1 hour) @ Nissan dealer.

The Mazda service etc represented value - the Nissan a stamp to maintain warranty cover!
Oil service, MoT+brake overhaul £160 - Value! - brum
Vauxhall Corsa 1.3cdti 1st service (8000 miles) £191 - Main Dealer Perrys

However...... they do use top grade (not) semi-synthetic 10-40W (instead of the 5-30W full synthetic recommended), and spray copious quantities of white grease on the bonnet hinges so I shouldnt have any problems with those!!! ;)

Plus the long list of faults by and large not addressed......

Plus they don't wash the car. Skoda used to valet the Fabia FOC and only charged me £99 for the service.

Makes a mockery of the money saving idea I thought I had.

If I could wind back time..........
Oil service, MoT+brake overhaul £160 - Value! - Bill Payer
If I could wind back time..........

Let's hope you get satisfaction survey that will allow you to release your frustration.
Oil service, MoT+brake overhaul £160 - Value! - brum
>>
>> If I could wind back time..........
>>
Let's hope you get satisfaction survey that will allow you to release your frustration.

Binned it already, only seemed to have boxes for moderately to well satisfied........none for "this car is a heap of junk"
Oil service, MoT+brake overhaul £160 - Value! - Bill Payer
>>
Binned it already only seemed to have boxes for moderately to well satisfied.

I always get a letter from our Honda dealer imploringme to call him first if I can't answer excellent (or whatever it is) to every point. So it must be pretty important there, and that's a small independant dealer.

Large corporate organisations often base a considerable amount of managers' bonus on the customer satisfaction results.
Oil service, MoT+brake overhaul £160 - Value! - cheddar
To me washing the car is irrelevant because I always take it in nice and clean inside and out on the basis that the standard of workmanship is likely to be proportional to the condition of the vehicle. Human nature, the technician will simply not take as much care if a car is covered in grime and full of rubbish.
Oil service, MoT+brake overhaul £160 - Value! - Mapmaker
Vectra new cambelt & tensioner done in the north east last week whilst on holiday as the tensioner was becoming noisy. Kit £91, time £54, VAT £25, total £170. Bargain.
Oil service, MoT+brake overhaul £160 - Value! - Pugugly
This thread is really spooky - I always admired the Xedos and was reading a pre-launch review of it last night in a contemporary CAR magazine.....now FB Saturday's Lottery numbers ?
Oil service, MoT+brake overhaul £160 - Value! - Armitage Shanks {p}
Buy your Euro Millions tickets tomorrow PU - the prize is £100 million!
Oil service, MoT+brake overhaul £160 - Value! - Pugugly
Too much money and not enough cars in the world !