Mobile Phone Cradle Removal - PB
I need to remove the Nokia cradle from my car. It is fitted to a bracket that is slotted in top and bottom between the plastic part of the dash and the wooden trin surrounding the air vents. The bracket is firmly in place but with some side-side movement. Possibly it is pushed in on one-way clips.
Does anybody have a clue how the brackets work, and how to get the bracket off without messing up the trim?
Ideas welcome!
Thanks, PB.
Mobile Phone Cradle Removal - svpworld
Usually the phone cradle slides over a plate, which itself is screwed to the dash with self tappers. The cradle might be held in place with a latch or small screws, otherwise should slide off without too much force. I had the same in my Omega, the end results was a few small holes remaining in the dash vinyl. Fortunately because the dash is black, I used black silicone sealant to fill the holes and they are almost invisible. Its possible that removing it might end up looking worse than leaving it there!!

Simon
Thanks Simon. The cradle itself came off easily, it is the bracket that I have a problem with. This is not the screwed on type of bracket, it is a C shape where the two points of the C disappear where the dash meets the airvent trim. My guess is that it has 'non return' clips in which case I could make up some shims and pull the bracket out - but I need to know what I am dealing with.
PB.
Mobile Phone Cradle Removal - Big Vern
Have a good look around the bracket, using a hand mirror if required, I suspect that it slides off, but is held by a small hex grub screw.
Mobile Phone Cradle Removal - Big Vern
Ooops just read your reply to Simon, ignore my previous post, What is the make & model of car?
It is a 98S Mitsibishi Galant V6. The trim round the airvent is either walnut or "walnut".
The answer was one way plastic clips. After a good look round with a torch, a good twist and tug and it pulled out no problem.