Chuffed to bits with mine. - Adanuff
I know Volvo drivers are stereotyped, as are some of there cars, but I've got an 03 S60 and I'm made up with it. The car is solid, I believe looks nic, the interior (leather) is really comfortable although could do with a taj more leg room in the back. It's reliable, a little thirsty I admit, and if you need some acceleration it's definitley there when you push the peddle. Turning circle is probably the biggest moan but other than that it's great. I've had a lot of different models over the last 25 years but I have to say Volvo does deliver.

Edited by Pugugly on 21/09/2008 at 13:37

Chuffed to Bits with Mine. - DP
Hear hear. I bought a cheap, high mileage S60 2.0T about 6 months ago, and I'm delighted with it. Turning circle stinks, rear legroom is tight, and the low speed ride is poor, but other than that I genuinely can't fault it. Looks good, goes like stink, sounds fantastic, well made, well equipped, supremely comfortable, economical if you're sparing with the loud pedal (35 mpg on my commute), and so far, very reliable.

I don't think Volvo drivers are stereotyped so much these days, although the brand itself is very "unsexy" according to all my female friends.

Cheers
DP
Chuffed to Bits with Mine. - prm72
Had my S60 D5 05 reg geartronic 6 months now, done 15000 miles and i love it too, as DP says built really solid, goes like stink, just love those leather seats, and returning 45 mpg, i still cant stop looking at it. As for being unsexy i'm 57 so not to bothered nowadays, and if i do have a crafty look at some stunner i get a slap from the missus anyway. Hope to keep mine for a few years yet.
Chuffed to Bits with Mine. - Devolution
The S60 D5 engine is the best in the Volvo diesel range, it is a damn solid engine and gets rave reviews. If you wanted all the Volvo premium features without the thirstiness of a petrol T5 equivalent then it's a dead cert. Much lower BHP (163?) but loads of torque.

Leg room is a little poor but then the real comfort is extended to the S80 range for space.
Chuffed to Bits with Mine. - TheOilBurner
Leg room is a little poor but then the real comfort is extended to the
S80 range for space.

Yep, I love my S80. All those plus points of the S60 and you get acres of room in the back and a bigger boot too. Only real downsides is a dowdy image and increased thirst from the extra weight.

The good news about the D5 is that Volvo consistently underrate them. The old 163bhp D5 actually knocks out around 176bhp and the newer 185bhp D5 really produces a healthy 198bhp!!

Get them tuned up and you can get 200...220bhp or more out of them - genuine T5 levels of performance with less revs and less fuel!!

Fantastic engines and wrapped inside a fine car too.

Let's keep the secret to ourselves, eh? ;)
Chuffed to bits with mine. - Humpy
I opted out of my new employer's company car scheme but am looking at 35000pa commute around the dreaded M25. I spent £7k on an 03 Bifuel LPG S60 with 30k on the clock. So far so great! So comfortable and refined and although it guzzles gas (25mpg) and I have to fill up every 2 days, at 52ppl and therefore 9p a mile I even enjoy that bit!

I'm glad I went for the SE with the leather and mine came with the Spaceball gearshift - genius!
Chuffed to bits with mine. - DP
I'm glad I went for the SE with the leather and mine came with the
Spaceball gearshift - genius!

Mine's only the S, but it too has the Spaceball. Everyone without fail comments favourably on it when they get in the car.

It's a mark of the way these cars are built that even after 134,000 miles (and who knows how many hundreds of thousands of gearchanges), the ball is still completely unmarked. No scuffs or chips.

Cheers
DP